Wednesday, May 30, 2012

cheeky ballerina . . .

As I reflect on my purpose - that is - to learn how to draw better - I have to ask myself - 'have you learned how to draw better?'  Perhaps a little.  So far I consider each drawing a success as well as a failure.

It's funny - on that first ballerina pencil drawing people said 'I like the pencil.'  (The one with the ballerina with the blue headband.)  I agree with you.  The ballerina looks under stress from having a pencil poking her in the back.  The one thing I have accomplished is falling in love with those cheek circles.  Why that's such a party - I don't know.  Please don't take them away from me now! 

Anyway, every artist who loves ballet and Degas will always find themselves copying his magnificent work.  Even when Degas is 'doing nothing' (like a quick sketch) - he is doing something.  In this drawing my purpose was not to make a direct copy - but to add  the heart of Myra to Degas.  But, all I had in me was those little cheek circles.  Ah well . . . move along Myra . . .

1 comment:

  1. I like this Myra's Degas drawing...and I like the cheeks...and your doggy below...OH MY! Cute!

    xo

    ReplyDelete